Thursday, August 10, 2017

"A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" at the Muny

I saw "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" at the Muny in July 2017, and I absolutely loved it! It was probably my favorite from the 99th season! First off, Jeffrey Schecter was absolutely incredible. The actor who was supposed to play Pseudolus had to pull out a couple of days before the show, and Schecky was called on Saturday night to ask if he could play the role. He flew out early Sunday morning and was playing the role on stage by that Wednesday night! When he was asked to do it, his answer was "I love the Muny. I'm there for you". He had his script in hand during the show, but I was so impressed- probably one of the best performances I've ever seen at the Muny! I also had an amazing experience at the stage door- I love Ali Ewoldt, and I made her a gift (Christine dress-up dolls). She was so sweet and excited, and she even took a photo with me on her phone and posted it on Instagram! Such an incredible experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment